Our ‘Victoria Trip’ Sunday featured High Tea at the Empress Hotel.
We don’t kid around with High Tea at the Empress Hotel.
- No pants (Mother missed the memo on this one – she endured moderate shunning and heckling).
- Vintage furs/stoles/hair style/general appearance is greatly encouraged.
- Heels = thisshouldneverhavetobeclarified.
- Tea is great, but champagne is more bubbly. Bubblesbefancy.
- Conversation may vary from lady-like oohs and aahs over the tiny tea sandwiches to boisterous debates and loud gestures (loud gestures are a thing).
* The Auntie strutting her stuff like nobody’s business. Killing it in her red shoes and vintage coat. Flawless.
My Grandmother’s coat from when she was young was generously lent to me for this excursion – much to my delight. The sleeves are cropped and rolled into massive cuffs and the texture of the fabric is stunning. Twirls like a dream (twirling being highly important when attending tea) anddddd it’s black… So win win. Loved it!
Always impressed by the Empress (HA – see what I did there?) and their drool-worthy array of treats. How small, strange sandwiches can be so divine is beyond me. The one down side, Empress? You stuff your scones full of raisins. Ew. Take those miserable, dead grapes out of the equation? Top notch, Empress – top notch.
This is a ‘treat-yo-self’ type of outing which we have come to enjoy so much (especially during the holiday season) and look forward to visiting once again next year!