When You Go To The Lake…
- You might go to the lake to get beer. You heard me. Nothing more pleasant than a brewery situated en route to the lake house. I mean, it would be rude not to stop by. You might hop around the hops. You might order a tasty flight. You might fill your growler with your preferred beer. You also might drink it immediately. Isn’t the lake wonderful!? Truth: Persephone Brewing Company is a delicious brewery located in Gibsons, BC. They have a variety of beers you can sample, by bottles and fill growlers. They also have great indoor and outdoor seating to hang out, chill and drink alllllll the beers.
- You can’t get enough of your tiny, squishy niece. In order to spare her from relentless squeezes (yeah, you’re the keener – not her), you resort to taking millions of photos of her and follow her pretty much everywhere. You assure yourself it’s a few more years until she realizes you are the Uncool Auntie… Right?
- You ‘watersport’… And look about five years old when ‘watersporting’. You feel mega-badass as you destroy that three-foot surf wave and your head inflates as you three-sixty on the knee board. When’s the last time you knee boarded? You were six. And it was cool.
- You like to pee in large bodies of water.
- You enjoy exhausted dogs. Dogs that swim, run, fetch, wander into other people’s homes and are generally over-stimulated for the duration of their lake stay. Dogs that give you mad stink-eye when you arrive back in the city and won’t forgive you for kidnapping them from the lake. You are the worst.
- You like communing with nature. This may mean floating with libations for hours on end… but you are in ‘the nature’. Which is basically like exercising. So you pat yourself on the back for that one and pour yourself another drink.
- And finally, you dig on family and friends… and the food that they bring up. What are friends for if not to feed you delicious meals? *my friends are seriously reconsidering their relationship with me*
When in doubt… always lake.